Classic Country music artists list
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville. Image Courtesy of the Country Music Foundation
It's the ultimate dream of any country musician: getting into the Country Music Hall of Fame. The lifetime award honors both legendary singers like Hank Williams and George Jones as well as lesser known but equally important background players including pianist Hargus "Pig" Robbins and songwriter Bobby Braddock.
In 1961, the Hall of Fame was launched in a less than lavish setting: the Tennessee State Museum, where commemorative plaques of members were put on public display.
In 1967, the awards got a permanent home on Music Row at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
In 2001, after decades of service, the Hall of Fame was given a $37 million facelift. Located just blocks from the honky-tonks and buskers of Lower Broadway, the new Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum became a Nashville landmark with its flamboyant, piano-inspired architecture.
The plaques were now displayed in the institution's famed rotunda.
Complete List of Hall-of-Fame Members
- 2013 (announced)
- Cowboy Jack Clement - songwriter and industry figure
- Don Williams - singer and songwriter
- Jimmy Dean - singer
- Ferlin Husky - singer
- Billy Sherrill - producer and music arranger
- Roy Clark - singer
- Charlie McCoy - harmonica player, session musician
- Ernest V. "Pop" Stoneman - performer
- Harold Bradley - guitarist
- Sonny James - singer and songwriter
- Floyd Cramer - pianist
- Carl Smith - singer
- Bill Carlisle - singer, guitarist, comedian
- The Louvin Brothers - performers
- Webb Pierce - singer
- Delmore Brothers - performers
- Homer and Jethro - performers, radio personalities
- Don Law - music exec and producer
- Ken Nelson - producer
- Dolly Parton - singer and songwriter
- Johnny Bond - singer
- Brenda Lee - singer
- Harlan Howard - songwriter
- Cindy Walker - songwriter
Share this Post
Minimalist music artists
As composers tried to break free from tradition, musical styles got more and more off-beam at the beginning of the 20th Century…Read More
Instrumental music artists list
List Criteria: Must lean more in the rock direction than jazz or electronica, and music must be at least 90% instrumental…Read More