Top 100 Musical artists
- This is RS magazine's list of the 100 greatest artists of all time.
- 1. The Beatles - Makes sense. Some of the most influential albums of all time are the works of these lads. What else can you say?
- 2. Bob Dylan - I could argue with this one. He's a legend, but number 2?
- 3. Elvis Presley - Very successful, the king of rock n roll of course, but he was very controlled by his manager.
- 4. Rolling Stones - Often called 'Anti-Beatles', definitely top 5
- 5. Chuck Berry - Probably invented Rock n Roll. Deserves to be here.
- 6. Jimi Hendrix - First guitar god, I believe. Revolutionary player
- 7. James Brown - Godfather of soul, is it? Great showman
- 8. Little Richard - American Rock & Roll/R & B singer and pianist
- 9. Aretha Franklin - I think she was the first woman to be inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame. I'll look that up later.
- 10. Ray Charles - American R&B singer and pianist
- 11. Bob Marley - Jamaican reggae singer
- 12. The Beach Boys - Some of the catchiest songs I ever heard.
- 13. Buddy Holly - Tragic death. One of the first to use a solid-body electric guitar.
- 14. Led Zeppelin - Possibly the 'fathers of heavy metal', but some might argue that Black Sabbath is.
- 15. Stevie Wonder - American soul singer. Plays many different instruments, and has won 22 grammy awards
- 16. Sam Cooke - A founder of soul music.
- 17. Muddy Waters - 'Father of Chicago Blues'
- 18. Marvin Gaye - 'The Prince of Motown'.
- 19. The Velvet Underground - American rock band, formed in 1965. Regarded as highly influencial in the rise to punk-rock, and alt-rock.
- 20. Bo Diddley - Legendary R&B singer. Known as the 'Originator'
- 21. Otis Redding - You might not know him, but you've probably heard 'Sittin' on the dock of a bay'.
- 22. U2 - The Joshua Tree was one of my favourite albums
- 23. Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA was overplayed. Good to see him make music again.
- 24. Jerry Lee Lewis - 'Great Balls of Fire' was his greatest hit, and one of my favs
- 25. Fats Domino - Rock & Roll pianist
- 26. The Ramones - Regarded as the first punk-rock group
- 27. Nirvana - I swear, RS magazine has a hard-on for these guys. They put Kurt Cobain at #12 on their 'Greatest Guitarists of All Time' list, and now this.
- 28. Prince - 'Purple Rain' is one of my favourite albums. He's also an icon in style
- 29. The Who - Should be higher. Rock artists still try to sound like them
- 30. The Clash - English punk-rock band from the 70's
- 31. Johnny Cash - The 'Man in Black'. Should be higher, since he's the equivalent of Elvis, except country. The only country singer I like
- 32. Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - American R&B group
- 33. The Everly Brothers - Country/Rock Duo
- 34. Neil Young - Candadian singer-songwriter. Influencial in grunge, though typically labeled folk/rock
- 35. Michael Jackson - Would be higher if he wasn't wacko. Thriller remains...
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Facebook, Myspace Top 100 Artists ; Greenhouse Effect 2009 ...
MY TOP 100 KPOP ARTISTS (JAN 2015)
Top 100 Kpop Artists
Share this Post
Christian Musical artists
JUNE 01, 2023
The TV-musical phenomenon is swiftly on the rise. From NBC’s The Sound of Music , to Peter Pan, and Fox’s Grease Live , live-action…Read More
Popular Musical artists
JUNE 01, 2023
The Top 30 Jewish Musicians Getty Images Christmas classics may vastly out-number Hanukkah hits, but there s been no shortage…Read More